Sunday, July 8, 2007

Project Gutenberg
Three million books downloaded each month just from iBiblio. I had no idea downloading books was so popular. The MP3 players are amazing little things, and the convenience of multi-tasking while listening to a book is very appealing. With 100,000 free books available, who couldn't find something they wanted to listen to. I found the selections of computer generated or human read books quite interesting and there was also music and pictures. The Project Gutenberg also offered an RSS feed, which is nice. There were many titles of books I would like to read. I don't like to sound so old fashioned, but I have never liked listening to anything through head phones, and I'm not sure I would be able to focus on a book being read to me. I have tried listening to audio books in my car, but find I have troulbe driving and listening effectively. I will still try again in the future, and I am glad to know that downloading books is widely used around the world.

1 comment:

Jess said...

I have a hard time listening to books in the car, too! I usually just get books that I've already read. The Time Traveler's Wife is presented particularly well via audiobook.